Provided replacement shop assembled superheater and evaporator modules for a 1985 fluidized bed boiler and upgraded both modules to meet new operating conditions.
- Heavy stainless support steel in the gas stream
- Expansion controlled inner casing liner for the evaporator
- Expansion roller/support and tube lock down scheme in the superheater module’s tube bundle
- High grade refractory and stainless steel anchors in the superheater module
- Stainless steel tube shields and at critical gas paths in both modules
- Increased the steam output of a 1974 waste heat boiler from 121,000 pph to 200,000 pph to accommodate higher gas flows.
- Increased the steam output of a 1972 industrial package boiler from 150,000 pph to 210,000 pph to accommodate new operating requirements.
- Investigated and solved the problem of furnace tube failures in a 1974 2-drum boiler caused by operating conditions.
- Converted a pulverized coal fired 1977 boiler to a turbine exhaust gas heat recovery boiler.
- Converted a fresh air fired 1999 heat recover boiler to allow operation with turbine gas exhaust.
- Rebuilt and redesigned four (4) competitor’s 1980 refused derived fuel (RDF) boilers by adding furnace height and our Travagrate® Stoker to each boiler to meet new operating conditions.
- Designed a 1985 waste heat boiler’s superheater by upgrading the tube material and expansion system due to higher operating conditions of a fluidized bed combustor.
- Designed steam drum purifiers to obtain 1 ppm steam purity and installed anti-vibration flue gas baffles on a 1970 waste heat boiler to accommodate a 50% increase in the flue gas flow rate.
- Factory rebuilt several 1960 & 1970 industrial package boilers salvaging only the steam and mud drums and updating design features to current standards.
- Improved boiler start-up ramp rate of an auxiliary 1967 industrial package boiler from several hours to minutes.
- Increased a 1989 industrial package boiler’s gas side casing and design to accommodate new higher gas side operating conditions.
- Replaced a Lunstrom air preheater with a fintube economizer to help improve boiler efficiency on two (2) 1968 and 1979 industrial package boilers.
- Redesigned the superheater on two (2) – 1979 industrial package boilers by providing a steam cooled tube support system to match new cyclic operations and accommodate field installation. We also provided all the inner and outer casing upgraded to current designs.
- Upgraded a 1970 industrial package boiler’s rear wall tubes for greater thermal expansion and provided a lower drum steam heating coil to keep the boiler on hot stand-by.
- Obtained 60% NOx reduction without FGR by changing out a dual burner installation to a single burner application on a 1967 industrial package boilers.
- Installed FGR on two (2) existing 1972 industrial package boilers and obtained 70% NOx reduction with our Indeck Keystone Energy burner.
- Increased boiler efficiency on a 1992 wood and tire fired boiler.
- Provided a replacement superheater module for a 1985 waste heat boiler without removing existing side casing and structures.
- Improved the ramp rate of a 1992 industrial package boiler to allow ramping from 4% to 100% MCR in 6 minutes.